Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Voicey Schtick

Today, I heard my former teacher, Stephanie, warm up to an A6. Awe-inspiring.

For the record, I'm still trying to stabilize my F#. Sometimes even my F.

I've realized that I really need to kick that cigarette habit of mine. The occasional drag doesn't seem to affect me, but after smoking my "breakup pack" and screaming karaoke every week, my voice has not been happy for me for the past two days. It's a little tired. And a little sore. Throw in the fact that I haven't been sleeping regularly, and that's a recipe for ugly sound. I'm surprised that I can still make sounds. Even when it doesn't feel quite right, I can still somewhat sing. It's nice to have that little bit of stamina.

ANYWAY... lots of stuff to work on. A set of Debussy songs, some Strauss, and a pair of arias (both pants roles, since my voice seems to be heading in a dramatic coloratura ish direction). Love it :)

No comments: