Thursday, September 24, 2009

My First Day Of School...

...as a music major.

I don't think I have ever been quite so excited for ALL of my classes. Truly. I am so ready for this. I am so pumped for this. I am so eager to rock this year!!!

I have never been quite so excited to actually learn. I guess that's a good sign. I'm sitting in Geisel right now, but I wish I could just be in class already. My favorite class at UCSD starts in an hour and a half. (I went to that class all of fall quarter last year even though I wasn't enrolled because the waitlist was too long. THAT'S dedication right thurr.)

Mike and I drove to school together this morning. We stopped by Starbucks for some breakfast: a (double tall, non-fat, light whip, 2 pump pumpkin spice) latte for me and some banana bread for him, and I parked at the VA. And then we walked to PC so he could take a look at his textbooks and I could get a bottle o' water before his 9:30 am Chinese lecture. Poor kid hates my native language. I can't blame him. I bet it's a bitch to learn.

I have to find sheet music in English, preferably by Handel or Purcell, to sing for my MUS 132V (vocal lessons) audition on Monday. Eeek! Like I said, class doesn't start until 11 am for me, so I still have some time. Which is why I am making this update!

Why didn't I switch earlier? This shit makes me so happy. And it feels so nice to actually want to get something out of my collegiate career besides a bombass GPA.

Anyway... I should probably be off to the music stacks to dig up that Handel a/o Purcell stuff. Maybe an update later?