Monday, April 12, 2010

My Update

I haven't made a post here in a while. I miss my private blog!

Lately I've been hitting the gym with Mike 3 times a week. We actually skipped on Friday... and then skipped Saturday's make-up gym date, but we finally made it to his apartment's gym yesterday. I'm really glad that we stuck with it! I'm also getting Mike to get up earlier in the day. It's part of my sneaky plan to get us both a little healthier. More efficient use of the daytime means fewer all-nighters for me to accompany him. Lol... Lord knows those take a lot out of me.

What else have we been up to? I've been drinking a lot of iced tea since the weather has gotten warmer, and I've made a resolution to visit the beach at least once a week. Mike and I went on Thursday. We parked, picked up a root beer to share from the Cheese Shop, and took a walk along the waterfront. It was supercute, the ankle-deep water was warm, the weather was beautiful, and that root beer was delicious!

My first midterm is on Thursday, so there's definitely a little bit of pressure beginning to kick in. I'm also terrified by my vocal workload this quarter... it looks like I'm going to have an immense amount of music on my plate. That doesn't even include the opera scenes I have yet to receive music for! I'm making the effort to practice every day, and I've also been talking to Joyce a lot. I think we're going to start singing for each other a little more so we can receive some mutual input. I'm grateful for all the advice she has given me so far. She's far more experienced than I in interpreting and emoting songs and arias. And I know that intonation is my forte, so it's nice that we can help each other out in these times of pressure! (She has a competition coming up!)

I love the Spring in San Diego, and I'm very happy with my life in general right now. With any luck, I'll keep up with all this school work and singing.

Oh yea. Last but not least, I'm conducting another exercise in frugality and well-being this week: Eating in. I have a menu planned for every day. I may have to get some more veggies and such, but I'm pretty intent on making this happen, both for my health and for my wallet :)

No comments: