My last week of August is going to be spent in the bay. Love.
Work starts in a week. I'm now 22. My friends are the shit. Got RT'd by Kristen Sze today. Eric brought Bella over to play with Leia in the afternoon (SO CUTE!). Sushi dinner with the fam to celebrate David's 19th and my 22nd. I've logged some really solid practice time yesterday and today. Gernot and I haven't talked for nearly two days now, which feels rather odd, but not unsettling.
I'm doing a lot of studying of roles--preparing for aria staging next week. New side project is also in the works: learning an entire opera role. I've already partially learned Fiordiligi of Mozart's Cosi fan tutte. I might finish that one up, but more likely I'll pick up Marie of Donizetti's La fille du Regiment or Giulietta of Bellini's I Capuleti e i Montecchi. Both are only two acts and better suited to my voice as of right now. Plus I practically have the entirety of La fille du Regiment committed to memory... it's my favorite comic opera. I've watched it at least 5 times lol.
Prepping for a zillion auditions/competitions. I don't think I have to worry about the SD Opera Chorus (the important thing was that I got my name out there). Metropolitan Council, The Messiah, Long Beach Mozart Festival, La Jolla Symphony Young Artist... there's plenty to busy myself with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment