One day after my goal for the next few years is set, I feel a familiar tickle in my throat.
For all my attention to hand-washing and diet-balancing, some kind of bug has still managed to begin penetrating my defenses. I can only hope to nip this thing in the bud. I had spinach and eggs for breakfast. Spinach, of all foods. I then topped that off with honey/citrus tea, complete with rinds, pith, and all. Splurged in the Sunshine Market today on some fresh fruit, hot soup, and lots of water.
Practice had to be cut short today to save my ailing throat. I used that time to research interpretations, jotting down notes and articulation in my sheet music. My favorite thus far is that of Renee Fleming, American soprano and opera superstar with a soft spot for Lieder, more commonly known as the art song.
I really hope I get over this sickness business quickly. I've got a lot of practicing to do before I can even hope to be as good as she is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment