I'm procrastinating. What else is new?
More often than not, I feel as though I don't deserve the companionship, friendship, adoration, doting, etc, of my present company. What bothers me is somewhere along the lines of me being a corrupting influence, a complete bitch, or some combination of the two in comparison. I guess I just feel bad for not being good. This is especially so when my sinfully persuasive tongue sways the will of innocent beings to submit to the usual mischief I so often find myself partaking in: drinking. It happens a lot. No joke.
I took two of my friends to the pub with me last night to meet up with some of my other friends. I bought a lot of beer for them. I'm also the youngest among us. It just works.
Call me a recipe for disaster, but I've found that as long as I look like I know what I'm doing, and as long as I look like I am doing what I am supposed to be doing, nobody ever asks me any questions. I've been carded there once. Without so much as a flustered blink, out came the VA Hospital ID from work and an apologetic smile. Then, throwing a wave and a wink at Stephan, the owner, I asked the minimum wage monkey what he'd like to drink, and told him to put a pint of it on my open tab. Sometimes I really do surprise even myself.
I should go back to my old sociopathic tendencies. Nobody benefits from nights out with me. I feel responsible for the systematic denting of academic records. As well as the monster hangovers that ensue when my (tiny) iHousemates try to keep up with my alcohol habit. I haven't stuck a gun to anyone's head and classically coerced my friends to drink up. But I can't say that I'm making an exceptionally good impact on the lives of those around me. All I can say is... at least I'm not a bore?
About that alcohol. It's a truth serum. I love my friends, God save them, but you all know how I'm short-tempered and easily annoyed, yes? I don't need lectures coming from the girl whose hair I'm holding on the bathroom floor of the pub bathroom in between spews of vomiting. Firstly, it's nauseating to listen to. Secondly, I'm not the one paying homage to the porcelain gods. That's my peeve.
In vino veritas, I know. Souls are bared, and it's unfortunate that the uncensored drunken rants which are so revealing of naked character, tend to be so damn annoying. Or maybe I'm just easily annoyed.
Why am I even writing this? I have a massive headache, a sore throat, and a desperate thirst for some Irish coffee. Or straight scotch. And a cigarette to go with. Haven't smoked all damn day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just wanted to say that you are one of my favorite people to hang out with, whether we are drinking or not :) and people should spare you the lectures... agh that's so annoying... ESPECIALLY when are you helping them lol. they were probably just jealous because they can't hold their alcohol as well as you :) :)
Post a Comment