Mariya and I were assigned an opera scene to do together, and I was given the dramatic coloratura soprano role. I generally try not to get too technical when talking about my Fach (the system used to classify voices beyond simple soprano/mezzo/alto/tenor/bari/bass). For the purpose of being brief, Mozart's Queen of the Night is a dramatic coloratura. And even though my voice seems to be headed in that general direction (I am currently a lyric coloratura soprano, which is slightly lighter and has less power), dramatic sopranos don't mature until late 20s-early 30s. My point being that this is an exceedingly challenging role for me.
I might not put a ton of effort into my schoolwork at large... but I do spend a lot of time on my voice. So yea. Challenge accepted. I'm actually really excited to do this. It could be really amazing if I pull this off. And I'm going to.
If you're interested in hearing how it sounds. Fiordiligi (my part) is sung by Renee Fleming (the one on the right in green).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment