Monday, May 16, 2011

My Lovely Little Weekend

I feel like Saturday and Sunday made up my first carefree weekend in a while. There was Vegas, but I think my recital was just lingering in the back of my head the whole trip. I really needed to relax, and relax I did the past few days. Hung out with friends, practiced music, went to yoga, played some XBOX, cleaned the kitchen, did laundry, etc.

I finally got some yoga back into my life after my Thursday-Friday dry spell. I was going to do two classes in a row on Saturday, but I was super fatigued after the first one and decided not to go for a second. I think it was a good call because the first class was an extra long, extra hot Vinyasa flow class, which I felt was a lot harder to get through than my usual hour-long non-flow classes. But Sunday, I did manage to do two classes (WHOO!) It was pretty nice. I took it pretty easy in the second class because it was a more posture-centered beginner class. Good things though.

And then there was this morning. I know. Total yoga binge. But I can't stop. YOGA IS THE SHITTT :)

Oh yea. Also, practice went really well on Saturday AND Sunday! And I guess today too. I start lessons with Enrique this week. I'm prepping for an audition next Monday for the San Diego Master Chorale. And then I'm auditioning for departmental honors. And then I'm auditioning for a production of Die Fledermaus at the San Diego Lyric Opera. Lots of auditioning, but nothing is really worrying me at the moment. Not a ton of pressure = practicing is less stressful = singing is easier.

I do have to update my resume though... I don't think anyone likes doing that. It's annoying.

No comments: