Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My First Audition

Tonight was my third audition in the past week or so, but my first audition for an actual production. I auditioned for Adele in Johann Strauss's Die Fledermaus. I don't expect to get the role, partly because of how sparse my resume is, but I don't think it's too much to hope for to have a spot in the chorus.

I was nervous. The theater was huge, the piano was twangy and slightly out of tune. The judges were fifty meters or more away from me, and I felt tiny on that stage. I sang my piece. Nailed the diction, but didn't have as much ring in my highest range as I would have wanted. All the notes happened. I didn't pee myself. I started at the proper times, and I played the part to an OK extent. I mean... it could have been so much worse.

For a first audition, I'd say it was not bad. I've got a couple more lined up for a few weeks from now: San Diego Opera, San Diego Musical Theater... you know. Stuff.

Tomorrow: Last final. Last Sajayjay outing. Last bit of moving. Last night in San Diego.

Back in the bay on Friday. As much as I love the new place in SD and I'm excited to begin my summerlong music intensive here, words cannot describe how desperate I am to see my family and home. LOOOOOOOOVE. Gonna chill at home, walk my dog, hit up the city, practice, do yoga, troll around libraries, it's going to be amazing.

I haven't posted about Matt on here yet, have I? Heads up: I'm probably gonna soon.

No comments: