Between yoga sessions right now. I'm trying to focus on being really connected with my body. Summer so far has felt a little disjointed in that respect. It's been a while since I had a lesson in Alexander Technique, and I'm starting to notice various tensions sneaking into my daily doings--driving with a clenched hip or shoulder, sitting un-centered, stuff like that. Loosen up, girl. It's summer!!! (Although you can hardly tell because of all this coastal gloominess.)
There's not that much left to do with regards to getting my room in order, but I can't seem to grit my teeth and just do it. I resolve to fix that today. After lesson with Phil... and lunch... urgh. I just keep telling myself it's almost taken care of anyway, but I would really much prefer to be fully settled. I'm actually half a mind to just throw away all the shit I haven't already unpacked, because I'm apparently doing just fine without any of it. Except that I probably have my tax records chilling in one of those boxes...
In other news, I'm pretty proud of myself for eating regularly. Not overdoing it and keeping (most) things healthy, fair day being the exception--and even that wasn't too bad. Roasted corn, some nachos, and Costco po' dogs. Could have been much worse.
I had a prolonged conversation with this guy who works at Gamestop about the OoT reboot. We discussed the Water Temple at length and the merits of the new 3DS setup that makes the iron-boots-on-off maneuvering much less of a pain. I also enlightened him about deuling Ganondorf: You can volley energy blasts with him using an empty bottle! Crazy, right? After that, he asked me what I was up to the for the summer (chilling at Gamestop on Monday afternoon? Obviously not employed) so I told him a little about myself. He told me I should come work there and handed me an application. So that was that.
What else? My big brother got the sweetest little puppy I have ever laid eyes on. I want to steal her. She is so cute. We got lunch together yesterday and played with her by the new student center. And I got to meet his new girlfriend! For the first time in a LONG time, I actually like his girlfriend. She's cute and friendly and treats him with the respect my big brother deserves. Funny thing about Eric and I. We both seem to have an endless stream of others, but while I'm constantly hopping between casual dates, he always seems to be in a serious relationship. I don't think he's been single for over 2 months since... 7th grade. And why should he be? He's such a catch! Definitely one of the best-looking guys I know, and with charisma to spare. He always has my back :) In fact, we got to talking about my love life (or should I just call it a sex life?) and he got a little protective when I mentioned the whole guy-at-the-bar dealio. Heh. I love him so much. Always have, always will :)
So that's my life in a nutshell ish :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment