Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Return

It's been a while since I've posted. I miss this thing!

Today was pretty bombdiggity. The singing with my favorites in Balboa Park for Ken's proposal to Wendy. The ramen n' boba with Jesse and Kristina. The Earl's Place run with Randell and Ayano. The Starbucks/In-N-Out/Old Town stops with Umi. I'm pooped. But I'm happy.

I like this whole singing with awesome people thing. It's fun. Low pressure. High yield. Altogether teh wins.

Random thing. Intermittent fasting has been weird for me. I'm not any skinnier, nor am I feeling any healthier. Here's why: carne asada fries. Tempura. Burritos. Beer. Other unhealthy eats which are eluding my exhausted brain at the moment. I think it might be time to implement a more traditional diet, because I'm clearly not making very healthy consumption choices in my limited eating time frame. Stupid Jen. Bottom line: drink more water and quit eating so much fried shit.

I'm also experimenting with a new face wash. It's this organic shit from Earl's Place. Pricey, but given my excess of meal points, I guess it's not so bad to splurge. I'm going to use this new tea tree oil thing for the next week. Twice a day, as per manufacturer recommendation. It feels really nice on my face so far. If my complexion stops being so retarded, I'll shell out some more meal points for the giant refill bottle. My skin has been kind of weird ever since I started college and I'm not really sure as to whether it's the change in my diet, the loads of sunscreen I slather on, the fact that I wear makeup more often, the slacking in my former diligent skincare regimen, or some combination of the above factors. Either way, I break out way more often than I did in high school, and my skin looks way worse than it did back then. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the other way around. I guess that means I really need to start taking better care of myself.

I hella gagged while smoking today. Just a stupid/gross side note. Maybe it's a sign? Sometimes I freaking love smoking, but sometimes it really does just make me feel sicknasty.

No comments: