Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Bitchy Sort Of Lunch Thing

I had to get lunch with this dude today. Same dude that I've been trying to avoid the attentions of for the past few weeks. Anyway.

I woke up and threw on running shorts, Ugg boots, and a basketball t-shirt. I made myself freaking as grody as UCSD-ly possible. I showed up at the Triton statue at 12 on the dot while smoking a cigarette. Keep in mind, this was all premeditated. We went inside and got food, and I tried to emanate friend vibes as much as possible. Then we settled at a table outside due to lack of seating. And then I asked if he would mind if I smoked while we were eating... and promptly lit up. Chain smoked like it was the end of the world. Let awkward silences drag on for as long as possible. Hopefully I came off as unattractive enough to quit pursuing. I really don't want to have to sit him down and tell him the plain and simple truth. This is me being a chicken.

But whatever works, right? I'm not much of a nice confrontational type. It used to be that I'd just laugh or glare if someone I wasn't interested in asked me out. But this guy's actually kind of nice, and I like to think that I've matured since high school. I really should get a hang of the gentle letdown approach, though. It'd make life easier. And that way I wouldn't have to act like a total Dbag either.

Why do I only attract guys I'm not interested in? Why am I always attracted to guys who aren't interested? I'm like... the queen of incompatibility. I swear... ever since I started college, life has been treating me as such. It's kind of annoying.

No comments: