So weird.
So I got ridiculously drunk with my coworker and some of his friends. They are my pet dinosaurs. And I'm the token baby. It's weird how Porter's Pub doesn't card. I haven't really hung out with them since summer, and I guess it was really fun. Object of the night: get the student drunk. Student: me.
So I crashed last night and woke up in time to take two quizzes. After my calc quiz, I walk up to turn it in. (It's funny how AP calc is sailing me through sophomore year of college... I should write my old teacher a card.)
I flash my student ID to a very familiar face. He says to me, "so I see you've recovered well, Jen." which I, in turn, think is a very odd thing for a professor to say. I quickly look up, and in the time that elapsed while dumb realization took over my face, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Of course I wouldn't have recognized him since I have only been to one calculus lecture this quarter. But surely enough, I had been piss drunk at the pub with my professor. My professor has seen me drunk out of my mind. My professor has seen me recite the ABCs backwards. My professor partook in the systematic inebriation of a student. My professor has bought me beer. (Little Devil, btw. Freaking good.) And what did I say? "Hi, Jared...Um. Professor...Jared." I never did get around to learning last names.
We had lunch and stuff afterwards. I think it's acceptable, considering we first met in a social context rather than an academic one. But it's strange, all the same, now knowing that he is actually a professor. MY professor, at that. We talked mostly of our mutual friends and such. He asked me what it was like working with Marcus. I asked him how they had met. Good stories. I had never envisioned myself as the kind to befriend a professor, but I guess I kind of have.
On second thought, however, I don't think I should go to Vegas with my dinosaurs next weekend... turns out Professor Jared is going, and I'd really rather not push my luck. Imagine if I had gone without knowing and things somehow got out of hand...
This is probably the most bizarre thing that has ever happened to me. Ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment