Friday, February 6, 2009

My Reluctant Competition Business

Tritones is deeply in the red right now. At least it is with me. I'm owed damn near 400 dollars in ICCA uniform money. Plus another hundo for dinner last weekend. And quite a bit more in odds and ends that I have yet to look up receipts for. I'm hardly one to be stingy, but five hundred dollars is a difficult sum to glance over, and reimbursement has yet to find its way back to me.

So this is what it's like to be a sugar mama. My absurdly extensive credit limit: just one more thing in a list of my available resources to exploit. I will be spending my Friday night polishing 7 pairs of shoes and lacquering a good 40-50 or so fingernails with French tips. Day of, I'll be ironing dress shirts and applying fake lashes. What can I say? I'd make an excellent butler if I weren't so adverse to being servile.

Thankfully, Chelsea and Shana will be caking show-choir-worthy makeup on the girls' faces. Rina's got the guys covered, as well as the girls' hair. And well... everyone else will just have to dress themselves and avoid excessive fidgeting.

ICCA is a tedious affair for the not-so-clueless.

At least I can look forward to seeing some of my favorite people in the audience. All I want is to make the people I love proud. If placement happens to come along with that, well then. Maybe all this mess will have been worth it.

For now, I'm still as tired as ever. Granted it is getting late.

No comments: