Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Homecoming

I'm going home. I'm going home. I'm going home. I'm going home!! Truly. I am sooo excited to be going home!!!!!!!

Along those lines, I pose a query:

Mike and I had decided to go to Norcal together to see MGMT. He bought us tickets for our second monthaversary (celebrating my longest college relationship!) Our iHouse friends got jealous. Understandably so because MGMT is awesome. So a few of them decided to buy tickets as well. Mina, the only one of Mike and my own group of friends who I really have to try to tolerate (I frickin LOVE the rest of our group) told some new international friends of theirs, and so they bought tickets. Problem is, Mina's driving. I'm driving. And she invited more people than she had room for. Mike and I were completely unaware of this until midnight. As in 10 hours ago. As far as we knew, we were heading up tonight with my little sister's boyfriend in tow. En route at 7 pm, in norcal by 2 am. No problemo. Not so anymore.

Not only did Mina try to unload both of her international friends (whom neither Mike nor myself have even met) onto my car, taking the rest of our gang with her, she tresspassed the boundaries of hospitality by having her two friends stay at Mike's Thursday night. And all day Friday. As I heard the conversation unfold in the car, I was fairly irked. I interrupted.

I told Mina I wouldn't take two complete strangers in my car, and it was unfair of her to dump her acquaintences on us while she and the rest of our gang were off cavorting elsewhere. I told her she shouldn't have assumed that having them tag along with us would be OK, especially considering this was originally a trip for US (Mike and I). She got really defensive, but eventually consented to let us take our friend Adam and one mystery passenger up. At least we know and love Adam.

This is exactly the kind of thing that really annoys me about Mina. She imposes herself. I don't feel like I was too harsh, but I really don't like hanging out with her, and I'd prefer not to in the future. Mike thinks "she's OK in small doses." Honestly, even the small doses make me want to sock her in the kisser.

This post has put me in a little bit of an angry disposition.

No comments: