Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Slow Panic

There is so much I have to do. It's all kind of just accumulating, one after another, and before I can finish anything off, my plate just gets piled higher with more. It's really starting to stress me out.

Especially vocal stuff. I am constantly in fear of not being good enough. Because I know I'm not. There is so much I don't know. And there is so much I need to improve on. I never feel like I'm making much progress, and it scares me to think that I'm not outrageously gifted in my new field. I just want to be better. But in spite of the fact that I am absolutely dedicated to my vocal studies, I don't seem to be improving. It makes me so... sigh.

To cope with that, I cooked a healthy meal for Mike's college-boy apartment. David and James always super grateful when I cook at their place, and we're all usually pretty productive with our studies after eating together. I miss family meals, and it actually really calms me to just sit down at the dinner table and share conversation and food.

Tonight's menu:
steamed tilapia filet with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and green onions
rice
baked sweet potatoes for dessert

Healthy healthy :)

But now that it's over, I'm feeling a little antsy again. At least I'm much better than I was previous to my little de-stress sess.

No comments: