Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Wild Weekend

Being back in the bay was the most amazing feeling ever. San Diego's great. In fact it's so great that when I'm here, I don't think about the fact that I'm away from my beloved NorCal. But when I go home...

Man. Every time I go home, it just hits me like a ton of bricks how awesome the East Bay is. One day, I'm going to live there again. And it is going to rock my world.

So the concert. It was amazing. But it was also a complete shitshow. In other words, details elude me. However, I know that I spent a lot of time with great company (and managed to avoid the presence of others I'm not as particular to) And I know that I had the time of my life wandering the streets of Berkeley, being drunk on the BART, moseying down The Embarcadero, cavorting around AT&T Park, grinding to GirlTalk, watching some spectacular fireworks, playing flip cup, listening to MGMT, and really--REALLY--watching the sun set over the most beautiful city I have ever known from the shores of Treasure Island.

It's been a little rough adjusting back to school life... you know. Actually waking up in the morning. Not being perpetually crossfaded. Singing and having to sound good. Trying to pass midterms. That kind of thing.

What can I take from that weekend? I've made a few amazing friends. And I guess that boyfriend of mine ain't half bad either.

And... I miss my family.

No comments: