Friday, January 1, 2010

My Decade

Ringing in the new year (decade!) with some mild sniffles here in Norcal.

What can I say? It's been a fruitful decade, and it went by much faster than I had expected it to. In the year 2000, I was 10, rockin' pigtails on a daily basis, and in love with boy bands. What have I been through since then?

Went through graduation three times. (Mission Valley Elementary '01, Hopkins Junior High '03, and Mission San Jose High '07)

Made a semi-permanent move to San Diego. (La Jolla Fall '07 - Spring '09, Scripps Ranch/Mira Mesa Summer '09 - present)

Dated a few guys. (John: Summer '06 - Spring '07, Ray: Summer '07 - Fall '07, Lonny: Oct '07 - Nov '07, Keith: Spring '08 - Summer '08, Mike Chang: Feb '09 - April '09) Plus some others in between. OK... maybe not just a few.

Been dating this other guy. Mikey N. July 28, 2009 to the present. Five months. Whew.

Said goodbye to some. (Grandpa Pao 2001, Uncle Tsu-Hwa 2003, Sophia 2007, Nat 2008, Ray 2008, Great uncle Ngo 2009)

Said hello to some! (My new cousin: Gavin, my cousins' kids: Kelly, Tristan, Ethan, Kai, Chloe, my family's dogs: Anakin the greyhound, Tahoe the Siberian Husky, Leia the Labrador, Lexi the pug, and Amy the pretty mutt)

Maintained some friends. (Eric, Rick, Jonathan, Tina)

Made some new friends! (All of you guys!!!!)

Switched majors a zillion times (Biophysics, biochem/chem, biochem/cell bio, music)

Voted (Obama and No on 8 in 2008)

There's gotta be more, but I doubt I could ever finish summing up the decade. So I'll stop now. Here's to this one being better than the last. Happy new year, guys. It's gonna be something seeing what's to come...

No comments: