Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Fellow Artist

It's difficult to put into words the kinds of trials that one comes across when working towards becoming a career musician. Most of the time I channel my negative thoughts into working harder and making every effort to improve myself any and every way I can. In all honesty, ever once in a while, regardless of all my efforts to stay focused and positive, my doubts and fears surface and I get overwhelmed.

Yes, I do sometimes get frustrated with the piles of dishes, stacks of paper, mountain of shoes, and lack of quiet time at my house. But at the end of the day, I am so grateful to have someone in my life who can empathize with my insecurities and frustrations while assuring me that I'm not insane for dreaming of the highly improbable. I had a really good talk today, and feel more ready than ever to face tomorrow and all the challenges that await me.

No comments: