It is storming so hard in the bay, and I am loving every minute of it :)
The rain hasn't let up since I arrived, and the wind is utterly deafening. So far I've gone to the library, watched some March Madness, taken a nap with my dog, baked egg custard tarts, stuffed my face full of Taiwanese food, gotten a new phone, gone to the family acupuncturist, and had looooongass conversations with my dad about... lots of things.
Also, I got a random IM from Jeff, my "new bestie," who is also back in the bay on spring break, and he is convinced that he's found pictures of us hanging out as kids. I'm very curious. This could explain so much about our instant friendship. I know I haven't written about him at all, but we were literally chatting away like old pals within 3 seconds of "Hi, I'm [Jen/Jeff]." AND Monday-Wednesday of finals week was alllllll about the Jen-Jeff study buddy system, without fail. We even took a Warriors game study break on Wednesday. In Geisel. Watched the entire game. Best. Study. Buddy. Ever. Anyway... I'm super curious to find out if we are indeed long-lost childhood friends!!! That guy is the shit :D
So yea. About that new phone. We got a spare free phone from our last renewal, so I'm using that phone (brand spankin' new, and my first non-Sony mobile device!) Still getting used to it, but it's nice to have a clean start. Lost a lot of numbers, but I don't talk to a ton of people on a regular basis anyway. Mostly just my core stash of homies :)
My dad hinted that he thinks we should all upgrade to smart phones... (I have to admit it. I have fallen in love with the Samsung Captivate. It's soooo light and that screen is something else!) But we have to wait until November before we can renew and potentially upgrade. We'll see come Thanksgiving.
It feels so good to come home!!! Tomorrow: I get to cook a bigass pot of Taiwanese braised beef. My ultimate comfort food. AND my mom gets back from her convention in LA! Love :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment