Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Status Quo

Not too long ago, I was in a relationship that needed to end. After that resolution came about, I ended up restricting a lot of my internet presence upon being peeved by unnecessary confrontation regarding my interactions with my friends in social media. I hadn't intended on cutting him out of my life entirely when we broke up, but the events that came to pass made it pretty clear that no good would come from being in contact.

At first I thought it'd be a temporary measure to keep my matters to myself. But as more time has come to pass, I've really enjoyed the lack of this person's presence in my life. It sounds terrible, I know. As much as it is regrettable that I don't care for the vast majority of people I encounter, I can't help that I really am irreconcilably unforgiving when it comes to what really annoys me.

For the record, I am obstinately opposed to neediness, desperation, lack of articulation, and philistinism... among other things.

Point is, I'm really digging the status quo, and as much as it makes me feel like I'm being somewhat of a cunt, I am sorely tempted to just break ties, unfriend, and let it be. I'm much too picky about the people I hang out with to go back to being friends with him after everything that breakup entailed. It's weird. I've never done this before. Is there etiquette to unfriend-ing exes?

No comments: