Monday, April 27, 2009

My Actual Break-up

Well... it's the end of an abusive relationship.

It started when I merely admired from afar. Stalking online, inadvertently learning the names of people who would eventually become some of my best friends.

When I finally got in after years of dreaming of collegiate a cappella, I completely immersed myself into it, picturing a lifelong relationship... having them sing at my wedding, donating money in the future, supporting the group when I'm old, all that jazz. But after all the effort and devotion I put into it, I just ended up severely disappointed, betrayed, and hurt.

For some reason, I still came back, thinking it could change. That people could get their acts together. That was stupid of me. People don't change over the course of a summer. An irresponsible crackhead who always sings flat is always going to be an irresponsible crackhead... and yea, he still sings flat. And apparently he's driven Rina out of her fucking mind, because I can't think of anything else to explain why she's making such retardedly short-sighted and flat out stupid decisions.

I've been picking up slack, the dinner and shopping tab, and God knows what else for this group. And I feel SO FUCKING USED. So taken advantage of. I'm still fucking pissed about the MD situation this year (just because I live with Rina doesn't mean I should have to be her fuckin music tutor.) I'm sorry, but if I can sightread an arrangement that you slaved over for weeks faster than you can figure it out on your own, then why in FUCK's name are you a fuckin musical fuckin director?

There's so much vocal talent in this year's audition class. A million times more than there was last year. The newbies are the best vocalists in the group. So there's no fuckin reason why this year should be the FUCKIN WORST I have ever heard from Tritones. This year had so much potential and it was utterly wasted. Shana and Chelsea have more experience with musical groups than Rina and Arjun. THEY fuckin know more and have had more constructive insights than both directors combined. I don't favor them for no reason. John is a HUGE talent. I said it at the beginning of the year, and I'll say it again now. John knows his shit. And the boy doesn't fuck around.

I am just so fuckin pissed at this year's shit. It's SHIT. BULLFUCKINSHIT. FUCK ARJUN, FUCK RINA, FUCK TRITONES, FUCK A CAPPELLA, FUCK MUSIC.


Wow. This started as a rationally organized anecdote...

No comments: