I'm actually doing something productive. I mean... I guess I'm not anymore, but I was being quite the dedicated little musician not so long ago. And I'm using a certain Hello Kitty mouse because Finale and touchpads are not friends. That mouse makes me smile every single time I use it.
It's been a really long time since I've arranged music. About a whole quarter. Holy shit. But I always find myself arranging a fuckton of music whenever midterms roll around, so it might not be so much as a rejuvenation of my love for a cappella as it is a mode of procrastination. Y'all know my M.O. way too well.
It's an important song to me. I doubt it's gotten radio time, but I know that it's a special song to others too. And when we sing it at Warren show, it's going out to a few key people who I know will be there :)
To put it in plain words without giving too much away, this is a song definitely worth my time. It's a return to an older school of a cappella. A simplistic yet elegant melody, accompanied by full-bodied harmonies. I kind of fuckin love it. Never ever am I arranging something I don't 100% want to arrange just because nobody else can or will. If I'm going to do this shit, it's going to fuckin be for me. And that's that.
Man I am in fuckin love with this song. I also say the word "fuck" a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment