I'm in a really foul mood today. I don't know what it is, but I really need something to cheer me up.
VA privacy/security training is railing me.
My dad is getting really overprotective all of a sudden, and it's kind of freaking me out. Slash really pissing me off. I understand his concern, but frankly, it's my life, and I'm old enough not to be babied. I love my parents and all, and I hate being in disagreement with them. However, I'm not willing to go about my adult life pending their approval. I've been completely independent for nearly two years now, and to relinquish my power of judgment to them is not appealing. But it looks like I might have to in order to stay on good terms. And that fucking pisses me off.
I know I'm 19. That's young. And right now I may seem like a typical teenager ranting about stupid shit. But for the past twenty months, I've been paying my own rent, tuition, bills, housing, insurance, and other shit... except for my cell phone bill. But I'd happily write a thirty dollar check out to my parents every month if they wanted me to.
I might be young, but I'm not naive. And as much as I hate having to be responsible for my own person, there's no way I could be happy going about on my daddy's coattails. It's just not me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment