Li: I have a friend who worked at Starbucks in NYC. She said that James Franco would go each day and recite poetry over coffee with a lady friend. A different lady friend each day.
Wu: Well that's thoroughly disappointing.
Li: That he's a huge manslut?
Wu: That he would go to Starbucks every day. I f*cking hate that place.
Yes, it's true. I have a huge crush on James Franco. Not only is he from Palo Alto (which is also where one of my high school boyfriends is from... yes, he's still from there because he only moved 2 miles away from home when he went to Stanford), he's also a mighty fine specimen, and cultured to boot!
That Starbucks thing bugs me though, especially considering the whole NYC thing. I have a favorite independently-run coffee joint in downtown San Diego, and he can't find one in New York? For shame. (Cafe Sole Luna on 7th and Ash is totally awesome, btw. Plus side: it reminds me of Rome.)
I wonder if there's a support group for former Starbucks baristas. I despise the company and have a somewhat condescending opinion of the patrons (especially if they order blended coffee beverages and call it "coffee." Darling, those are best described as slurpable dessert.) But for some reason I love how I know exactly how I want my latte made (2% milk, 155 degrees F, 1 packet of raw sugar blended with the espresso, and free-poured foam in a short cup). That makes for a really weird love/hate thing I have going with Starbucks. Ughh.
Anyway, screw that shit. I'm going to Art of Espresso.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment