I have to buy 2 music scores for this quarter, which totaled to <$20, which is awesome. In fact, I've probably only spent 200 dollars on textbooks ever since switching my major, which is something like a quarter of what I used to spend per year on textbooks.
However, I haven't stopped buying textbooks. Just because a class isn't offered/doesn't exist in this music department doesn't mean I can't ace it. I've been stalking the websites of other schools and calling up my friends in other programs... and I've been buying up and studying their textbooks. I've already made my way through a couple hundred pages of Italian, German, French, and Latin diction, and I'm currently working through a brief (less than 200 pages) history of the opera. Then I'll tackle A "Short" History of Opera (over 500 pages). I'm also reading a few dozen pages per day on vocal pedagogy from three separate sources. Good stuff.
I also ordered a few anthologies of arias for study, because I've pretty much gone through the entirety of the one I have.
I work harder than any other singer in the department, and you can bet your sweet ass I ain't stoppin'. This isn't about killing Ganon. It's about catching the 25 lb fish, killing 100 gold skulltulas, capturing 10 big poes, and beating Ganondorf with a bottle and a broken goron's knife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
love the OoT reference :) in addition to your crazy amazingness :)
Post a Comment