Friday, April 29, 2011

My "Yogier Than Thou" Friday

Right now, I'm happily chomping down on some frosted mini wheats out of a ziploc bag, sipping orange blossom tea, and, before starting this post, reading up on the news of the day. I sincerely hope that Wate/Killiam enjoy a long, felicitous marriage and use their presence on the global stage to shed light on the plights of the world like Princess Di did, God rest her.

Much closer to home... I'm sending all of my positive thoughts and prayers to one of my best friends, Sarah!!! It's a big day, and I have no doubt she'll perform beautifully in every possible way :) :) :) :) :)

I'm mostly just waiting for Trader Joe's to open so I can buy a banana to complete my breakfast. This morning, I got out of bed at 5:15 and hauled ass to La Jolla for some heated yoga at 6:00. It was sweaty, soreness-inducing, and all around exhausting. But those last few minutes of meditation... the first breath of fresh air outside the sauna-studio... the caress of cold water in the shower... It was like being brought back to life after sizzling in hell for an hour. In a good way. I don't know how I'll feel later on in the day (OMG THERE'S AN AUSSIE SHEPHERD PUPPY PRANCING AROUND TOWARDS ME!!!) but this morning is feeling pretttyy darned nice.

I'll be teaching my first lesson with Audrey this afternoon. Nervous. Excited. Mostly excited :) I think we'll start with phonation, vowels, a little bit of theory and Italian diction, and, if there's time, some breathing. I think that breathing is something she can do on her own. No need for me to be there unless there's something fundamentally wrong with what she's doing. It's more of a assign exercises & practice individually kind of maneuver. Honestly... it's not that different from how we breathe naturally. Unless trying to suck your gut in is part of how you normally breathe lol.

Anyway... BIG DAY. Stephanie's last DMA recital. Classes. Rehearsal. I've got lots to do!

1 comment:

Sarup said...

thanks jen :) :) loveee you. cant wait to hear about how your lesson went :)