I'm a long ways from where I want to be, but holy shit this week has been amazing.
I've consistently warmed up to my highest note for an entire week. I'm attempting my biggest aria yet, and it's going wonderfully well. And I have a really hard time getting myself to stop singing, because it's never been more fun :)
When did it become so easy? Fall quarter, I kicked my repertoire up by a half octave with relative ease, but notes above the staff were still not as focused as I would've liked them to be. Winter quarter, it all got pretty easy up to high C. Right around there, my voice really started to lose its ring. And now... my rep hangs out an octave higher than it did last year. I'm singing arias with high Es and Fs with hardly any trouble at all.
I have no idea how it happened, but I am sosuperexcited to keep working at it.
Best of all, Phil is really proud of me!
TOMORROW IS GOING TO BE SO FULL OF MUSIC/AWESOME!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment