JEFF! I've mentioned him a few times here, but not a whole lot.
We have been in the same music history sequence since last fall, but literally never spoke until March 3 of this year. (Yes, I looked it up on Twitter). We sang in the same choir growing up and we're both totally obsessed with norcal, classical music, and basketball. We've been inseparable ever since that fateful lecture.
We study, eat, chat online, and watch basketball together. We text each other scores if one of us can't catch a killer game. We even watched old VHS tapes of our choir concert in 1999 while talking online in norcal. And next weekend, we're going to see the China Philharmonic together.
It's so weird now knowing that we were acquainted 12 years ago. Strange, right? This is one epic friendship, friends.
All that aside, having dropped that nightmare of a seminar, I learned worked on three arias today, and am currently in the process of translating said arias before my antepenultimate rehearsal for Sunday's concert. It's an exciting program for me. I'm singing this gorgeous song by Chausson, and I'm very excited to perform it. "Chanson Perpetuelle" is most definitely one of my favorite pieces of chamber music :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment