Friday, October 17, 2008

My Academic Apathy

I'm writing right now because I don't want to study. I'm tired of being cooped up in a stack of texts and notes, jamming my neuropathways with a ton of marginally useful information. Sometimes I stare at my notes and think to myself, "Why am I trying to learn this shit?"

It's tiring! You'd be surprised how exhausting it is to be truly hardcore about academics. I work damn hard for a spot at the top. At this point in the quarter, I'm working to get over the first hill. Midterms, round one. I've got one under my belt, two more plus a paper next week. I just have to grit my teeth and power through this next week. If I don't do well on my midterms. that just creates more stress for me come round two, right?

And stress is no bueno. I'm working. I am. I've got some reading to do before a quiz at three... maybe I'll hop to that. Lord knows it's a better idea than bitching out frustration on a blog...

No comments: