Thursday, October 16, 2008

"My Super-Massive Pain In The...

parietal regions of my cranial cavity.

I think it might be the caffeine. For some reason, I just could not sleep properly last night, so I tossed and turned for hours on end, and when I finally timed out and had no choice but to get out of bed at 6 am, I was struck by an incredible urge to fall onto the ground and sleep. Hence, I am a little over-caffeinated. That's my explanation.

Parking spaces to fight over, lecture to attend, work to do, rent to pay. What else is new?

Due to my lack of sleep, I have achieved maximum lack of productiveness this morning. No coloring, no homework, no thinking, even. I drove to the VA, called my mom while walking to Geisel, and bummed on a Geisel computer until now. Actually I'm still bumming. So far definitely not one of my more fruitful days. In fact, I have a feeling I'm going to sleep through an hour and a half of lecture, zombie myself around the VA, skip out on setting up my work schedule for EXPRESS, postpone the cleaning I had planned for today, and forgo dinner in favor of a hardcore sleep sess.

It's my first lazy day in a long while. I don't know whether I should be excited that I'm going to take a real break or sad that I'm truncating my unrelentingly hardworking streak. The more I think about it, the more I figure that I'm going to guilt myself into pressing on for a productive day. I mean, I've done so well for so long. It'd be a pity to let that all go to waste over a few hours of lost sleep. Great.

I take back everything I wrote. Yes, I've been grossly lethargic for the first 3 hours of my day so far, but I have time to turn it all around and make this Thursday a win. It just feels so much better to end the day know I've achieved something that I'm just going to have to persevere for the next 15 hours."



End quotation. That was something I posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008. And it sums up right now pretty well. I don't know what it is about approaching the middle of an academic quarter, but it's always when the lethargy starts to kick in!

Long story short, this morning I had a fire drill early in the morning, and a nap all through Evolution lecture. Whoops. All in all, not one of my more productive days. I'm sipping on a pomegranate-flavored Rockstar, and my fingers are definitely feeling it.

But I'm going to press on. I figure... even if everything I accomplish today is a product of guilt, at least I will have accomplished something. The end justifies the means, right?

On a brighter note, I did purchase concealer last night, so I no longer look like a zombie with my under-eye shadows in all their glory. Concealer is magic. If you don't look too carefully at me, it almost looks as though I still have a soul...

Who am I kidding? I sold my soul for straight As.

No comments: