I really meant to go to my 8 am today. Seriously. Y'all have probably figured by now that I didn't.
In fact, I only just woke up half an hour ago. After a quick washing up, I nuked a bowl of corn soup I made yesterday. STILL GOOD! I posted the recipe on my personal blog... but I guess there's no harm in posting it again. I'm very proud of how cheap it is to make that stuff. And it's pretty damn baller too...
Jen's Broke-College-Student Ultimate Cold Day Comfort Food Corn Soup
Approximate cooking + prep time: 10 minutes
2 Cans canned corn (creamed-style)
1 Can chicken broth
0.5 Can SPAM, medium diced
1 egg, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper, to taste
Lightly brown the diced SPAM. Open the cans and dump them all in. Bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the beaten egg (like in egg drop soup!), then season according to taste and serve. I don't add salt because SPAM is kind of salty, but a little bit of pepper is nice :)
What can I say? I'm a college student. Canned food and I are best friends. And ramen too, I guess.
I'm debating whether I should go to any of my lectures today... I'm kind of not really feelin' it. There's no turning back. I'm officially in holiday mode.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment