I love rain. It's so beautiful and refreshing. I love standing in the rain by myself. It's as though, even if just for a few minutes, my life is like one of those cheesy movies.
If you haven't already noticed, I'm totally not in school mode. I'm just counting down until my flight home. This whole sleep thing isn't really working for me because I'm so damn excited to chill with my family and play with my dog and eat home-cooked meals and listen to my brother being a musical genius. Also, beer pong.
Not that going home is going to be all that relaxing... there's still Thanksgiving dinner to cook and seventy something auditionees to sift through.
I kind of wish I could have a cigarette right now... just so that I can have one of those emo smoking-in-the-rain moments. For some reason, those moments make me feel really happy. Maybe it's because they remind me of my earlier days back home.
I should take a picture and post it or something, but at the end of my neighborhood, there's this breathtaking view of the bay. That includes a bridge or two (depending on the fog situation) and city lights all around. It's stunning. In fact, I have this New Years tradition with my group of childhood friends. Probably 12-14 of the past New Years have been spent at my house with them. Ever since we were 13, we'd all peace out of my house a few minutes short of midnight, skipping out on the fobby countdown, and walk to the cul de sac, where the crazy view is. Then we'd tipsily sit on the fence, eventually stumbling our way over to the very very end of the hill, 70 meters or so away from where the street ends. And we'd have long conversations, just to catch up on all of our lives. Because even though we are best friends, and we have been for over 18 years... and we all go to UCSD now... for some reason, we never really talk a whole lot except for on these rare get-togethers. I just thought of "Brighter Than Sunshine" for some reason. It's such a depressing happy song. I love my besties so much.
There's something magical about this time of the year. Screw summer, I love the holidays. Infinite vacation time, being around people I love, using the people I love as an excuse not to be with people I don't love. It's great.
Relient K's Christmas album doesn't hurt either...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment