I'd meant to finish up some homework after rehearsal tonight. That didn't happen. Instead I spent some time bawling at my best friend over the phone (poor her... she's three hours ahead of California), blogging up a storm all over the interwebs (fishing for pity), and learning depressing songs to play on my guitar.
I just can't sleep. Once again, one little student org has managed to dominate my every thought. And not in a good way. I'm starting to find that I'm losing focus of what should really be occupying my mind during my time at UCSD. Namely academics. But I can't concentrate on anything when this one--burden really, is what it has become--is flooding every crevice of my mind.
The only solution I can think of is to simply quit. But out of duty to the fellow teammates I treasure so dearly and to my cherished altos for whom I try so hard to be a decent role model and leader, I know that's not really an option I can take, however much I crave to.
I need to find a way to escape from all of it. Unlike last year, drinking myself into oblivion is not a viable plan of action with respect to the greater demand of my current academic situation. If this shit doesn't stop permeating into the rest of my life, I could reap some rather undesirable consequences on my academic record.
Bottom line: This shitty state of mind I get drawn into biweekly could very well translate into a shitty GPA.
Listening to: UCSD Tritones 2006-2007 | Addicted feat. Ena Nicole Suarez
The lyrics are depressingly perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment