My academic load is pretty light. It's not that I don't have anything to do, it's just that the concepts I have yet to solidify are not in urgent need of being learned right now. Which is just as well because a nice heaping portion of musical shit has been dumped on my plate.
It's on me to arrange whatever song we decide to do for Tritones' ICCA set. I'll find that out at noon tomorrow.
It's also on me to audition and select members, as well as arrange a repertoire for a high-school-aged female a cappella ensemble. Also to direct and mentor them. And perform with them. What I'm saying is that I kind of have lots of stuff to do. Which is why I'm up so late. Right now I'm jazzifying "When You Wish Upon A Star" of Jiminy Cricket fame, and will hopefully be sending out pdf files not too long from now. Lucky for me, my pool of auditionees are all musicians. I love it when people can read music. I love it even more when people can sing what's written. It's magical.
Kidding. That's how music groups should be. I'm just bitter. People never cease to surprise me! I've found that my perception of incompetence is constantly being redefined.
Done ranting. I have work to do. I must press on!
I have also been assigned the daunting task of cooking Thanksgiving dinner... but that's woes and wearies for another post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment