Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Shocking Realization

Holy wtf, it's November?!

Time is just creeping up on me like no other. There's a wedding going on right outside my apartment. (UCSD iHouse is very picturesque.) I can hear Pachelbel's Canon in D. I hate that song.

I've been spending way too much time out. It's kind of good, because it's been a distraction from some things that shouldn't be bothering me as much as they are. It's kind of bad, because it's been a distraction from some things that should be bothering me much more than they are. The former being stress I unnecessarily inflict upon myself, the latter being academic stress I've been deflecting from myself.

Yea, I partied last night. Yea, I have a midterm on Monday.

See now I can hear one of those Matt Redman songs. "Above All"... I used to love that song. Times change.

I woke up at noon today. I have accomplished absolutely nothing. That's a lie. I've made Taiwanese tea eggs for a little Taiwanese get-together we have planned for a pre-rehearsal casual dinner tomorrow. I've uploaded pictures from last night to Facebook. I've cleaned the kitchen. Basically I've accomplished nothing that really needs to be accomplished.

I hate that it's November. I don't have the time to learn everything I need to. But even if I did, I don't have the willpower to sit down and study what I need to. I am dangerously over school. A refresher would be nice. I wish Thanksgiving vacation could come sooner.

I've burned out too quickly.

No comments: