I wrote a song a while back. I don't know why I didn't post it then. Probably because I'm depressing enough without an emo soundtrack to go with my blog. Actually, I haven't recorded it yet. I plan on it... eventually.
Guess what it's about. I dare you.
Was it not you I longed and hoped for?
Was it not you I watched from afar?
Bigger than the world to me,
There was no other I'd admire.
Was it not you who said you wanted me?
Was it not you who took me in?
Had me wrapped around your finger,
I never saw what was comin'.
You took me for granted,
Loved me, said you meant it,
Now I know that you just used me.
You crept into my dreams,
I woke up with a scream.
Give me peace and let me be.
Was it not you I slaved and sweated for?
Was it not you I gave my heart to?
Sleepless nights and all the tear-stained fights,
Yea it was you. It was you...
You took me for granted,
Loved me, said you meant it,
Now I know that you just used me.
You crept into my dreams,
I woke up with a scream.
Give me peace and let me be.
Through the good and the bad,
You were all that I had.
Made me laugh, made me cry.
Just give back what was mine.
My will to live. Give back my tearless nights.
Was it not you who praised my talents, and
Didn't you say I'd be your perfect Queen?
Then turned around and tore my heart in two,
Spilled my blood, leaving me to clean.
Yea. It's really depressing. The melody I have for it is kind of too happy. A little too Carrie-Underwood-y. Until I can fully express just how angsty and emo this song really is, I won't be singing it for anyone.
First person to guess what this song is about gets massive brownie points.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment