Setting: York Hall; general chemistry lab; late afternoon
I don't know what's so difficult about heating some shit, adding some other shit, stirring the shit, and adding more shit, but apparently it takes some people 3 hours to complete. No data collection, no observations to record, nothin'. You just precipitate shit three times. So one hour in, I'm cleaning up, and the rest of my lab is still adding twenty mL of the second reagent drop-by-drop.
So my TA comes over and talks to me for a while. And he checks out my procedure, inspects my lab bench, and takes a look at my precipitant. And he asks me to stay a while longer and help him neutralize the wastes. So I grab the baking soda and start dumping it in the waste beakers.
TA: You're not even going to pH it, huh?
Me: Nope.
TA: How long have you been doing lab work for?
Score!
So I'm kind of a suck up. Whatever. Deal with it. The class wasn't going to be over for ages anyway, and what else was I going to do? Sit there and watch him neutralize stuff by himself? Geez.
And now he knows my name. Which is good, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i knew it would be cake for you, with all your lab experience and all :) it's good to make friends with your TA, you could get a recommendation from them :)
Post a Comment