Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Big Start

Call me a quick-weight-loss junkie, but I was flipping through some of my old fitness magazines, and I decided to try out some cardio intervals. And that's what I did this morning. After waking up, washing up, and downing some soy milk + whey protein, I dragged my housemate to the gym with me.

Intervals are frickin painful, yo. But I stuck to the plan and got an hour in there. Elliptical, sideways elliptical butt-blaster pain in the ass, and treadmill. I'm pretty happy with myself. However, I haven't really been incorporating many weights into my routine, which should change if I'm going to build up that bone density in time for when my body starts declining.

A quick thank you to Ena for the solidarity and sound words of wisdom! Trust me. I feel ya on the "letting go" deal. I think we might be twins as far as that goes.

Anyway, breakfast was more soymilk + whey protein, in addition to a small portion of brown rice and lean ground turkey. It wasn't a ton of food, but factor in all the protein, and it's actually pretty filling. I'm getting used to eating less. That's for sure.

I think I'm making progress. There's no way of knowing for sure until that first weigh in on Friday, but I feel thinner, my face isn't all swelled-like, and I'm lighter on my feet. Regardless of what I weigh right now, I am better off than I was two days ago.

Ummm yea. I have a lot of stuff due. Very soon, at that. So amidst finishing ICCA choreography and shedding unwanted extra pounds like it's nobody's business, I have to do a lab report for tomorrow and study for a physics quiz on Friday. Damn frickin it. I need more hours in a day.

1 comment:

Sarup said...

yay jen :) i'm glad you are feeling more healthy :) and yea, the biggest pain in the ass in 6bl is the lab reports, ewwwwwwwww