Yea. I totally forgot to eat all day today. I came back to my apartment after work and chem lab, and I just felt kind of bleh. My apartmentmate asked me if I wanted to get something at OVT, and I replied, "Nah, I already had..." and I was going to name some food I supposedly had , but none came to mind. I had soymilk this morning and some cranberry juice between a couple of autoclave runs. And that was it.
Soooo then I decided to cook for myself, since OVT food can hardly be so good for me. I steamed some brown rice and tried my hand at Filipino garlic fried rice. Wilmar's version! Except a little bit tweaked for the whole grain deal. And then I cooked up some lean chicken breast, which was divided amongst my apartmentmates along with the sinangang. Pretty good. Very healthy. I ate a little heartier than I had planned for in my diet to make up for a whole day's lack of calories, but I'm pretty sure I didn't overdo it. Three quarters of a bowl is how much I portioned myself, and I stuck to it. It was satisfying, so I didn't feel deprived! Yay. Props and a major thank you to Wilmar for the recipe!
I also hit the gym for about an hour. There's this weirdass machine. It's like... a sideways elliptical. But yea. Fricken weird. Hurts like hell. I lasted 15 minutes on that baby before I switched over to a treadmill. Geeezzzz.
I drank distilled water today. I was at work and super thirsty. And I'd rather not drink tap from a sink I just dumped cell-food into. So I bummed a centrifuge tube from above my head and drank a couple 25-mLs full of distilled water. And I'm still alive! Hooray.
The protein I've been consuming is super delicious yo. I mix it with soymilk and it is the biznass.
Chem lab is paced very quickly, btw. Like... geez I have to write this all up already? No love!
OK. I'm not going to weigh myself until the end of Friday's second workout. If all goes according to planned, I will have lost eight-ish pounds. I've had some really good discipline guys. I think I could do this. I think I've got this. We're on our way back to a 16-year-old Jen. Minus all the bleached hair, attitude, bad decisions, and late nights doing God-knows-what.
This is going to happen. I am going to make this happen. (Should I change the name of this blog to "Jen Loses Weight?") Haha... no, I won't. But I think this is becoming more of a blog on me ,not so much as just a student in academia, but more so as a student of life and all the learnings it has to offer.
I can haz cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ms. Jen!
Good job on improving your diet and health!!! It's so easy during college to 'let yourself go'. I know I did (I used to be 125lbs in high school and at my heaviest in college I was 160lbs).
Word of advice though... try to remember to eat at least 3 meals during the day. They can all be small and light meals, but it really boosts your metabolism when you have a regular and consistent diet. Otherwise, you're just on a crash diet and will gain all the weight back once you start eating again.
FYI, when I need to lose weight quickly I drop my caloric intake to about 1500 calories. Any lower than that (at least for me because I walk a lot and have a relatively active lifestyle) and it's just unhealthy.
Post a Comment