Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Weekend Update

I have big news. So skip down a couple sections if you don't want to read the fluff.

Yea. Gots to study. I have an ochem midterm tomorrow. Good news is I've still got time. And I'm not too shabby at ochem.

I've also just changed the strings on my guitar today. And now it sounds twangy and annoying. I'm not too sure that I did it right because it's the first time I've changed my own guitar strings and I suck at life. But it tuned up, nothing's falling out, and aside from the atrociously annoying sound it now produces, everything seems OK.

Nicholai and I are resuming our gym dates tomorrow, and after a week of less-than-healthful eating and stressing out, I'm hoping to get back on track. With any luck, I haven't incurred too much damage. After hardcore choreo practice all day Saturday, I'm finding myself pretty sore in the thigh area. We have two very dance-heavy songs this year. But they look baller. Especially with Chelsea and Darryl rockin' out like they were born to do it. Man I love those two.

As much as I despise Megan, I'm happy to have had the opportunity to teach her. Weirdly enough. I feel like I'm finally beginning to garner an immense deal of respect from the group at large for all the crazy effort they're realizing I put in. And I got to direct today because some retard can't pick out the wrong notes in his own arrangement. Ironically enough, once I sat down with the music, I realized that 50% of the wrong notes were coming straight from him. Awesome.

Things are really looking up as far as my feelings toward a cappella go. I've always worked hard for it, regardless of how much it hurt me, and I guess now is when the comeuppance for all the times I've felt wronged by anything to do with Tritones is due. One little bitch is completely at my mercy. And one lumbering fool has been humbled by how little he really knows. I feel like a total bitch for glowering in victory lane, but it feels damn good to be on top. You know what? I am the shit.

SFCM knows it too because I JUST GOT ACCEPTED. Not really. I was accepted on Friday. A professor called my house and left a message for me, which my parents just got a little over an hour ago.

Primary instrument: piano
Secondary instrument: voice
Performance emphasis: jazz
Academic emphasis: choral studies and conducting
Majors: performance and music education


Über bitch time. But I have to say it and gloat and be a little fucktard, because for once, I have solid evidence that I AM better than that crackhead director I've beat myself up over for so long. Is your mom an Oreck? Because you SUCK. Whatever. He does. Wow. I kind of hate myself for actually typing that. But it seriously bugged me to death, and I think I may just be over it now. Finally. It's been a painful eight months. Call me whatever you want to. My ego will protect me.

Now I have a ridiculously difficult decision to make. But that kind of made my lunar year complete.

Happy new year, guys :)

No comments: